Thursday, October 9, 2014

One Room Challenge - Week 2 - Progress

Well, the work has officially began!  And I honestly can't even believe it's actually happening.  I have wanted to do this for so long!!!  We gathered materials over the last several days and yesterday we took the plunge.. There's no going back now!

First I cleaned everything off the mantle and fireplace, and gave it a good vacuum.


Then we attached plywood strips on the brick, using a masonry drill bit and mason screws. This had to go up so we could nail on the planks.
We started at the bottom and worked our way up.

 I thought the top part was going to be really tricky, but it wasn't too hard to figure out the angle.


 We planked the sides as well.  The front will get a trip piece on the sides and at the top, that may get done today.  


The next step is to come up with a plan for the bottom.  I am kind of designing that part as I go.  So check back next week to see what we have added!!  Thank you for following along, and be sure to check out all the other cool One Room Challengers!  You can find them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment