Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Vintage Bench

Happy Tuesday everyone!  I just finished these two custom Vintage benches.  I was hired a couple weeks ago to build a 48" and a 60" bench.  Both to match her dining chairs and kitchen table.  The match was successful and she was really pleased with both benches! 

So I painted these with my normal fav in Vintage :-) from Valspar.  Then I glazed the Vintage with a Toffee Stain.  I did this a few times to deepen the color.  For the top I did a combination of many things!!  The list consisted of my homemade stain, leftover coffee, and the same Toffee stain I used to glaze the cream paint.  Weird combination, I know!  But hey, it worked!

Here are a few pictures I snapped before she picked them up..

 



I love how simple these benches are.. Vintage and country!

Have a blessed and happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment