Sunday, June 30, 2013

Best Guacamole EVER!



So I've got to tell you, I'm loving this summer weather!  Although it's been in the 100's for the past couple days, and will continue throughout the week, I am a heat lover!  But the heat isn't the only thing that gets me excited about Summer.. So does the FOOD!  I have never taken a more popular dish to a BBQ than some good ole Guacamole!  And this recipe will have your friends and family begging you to bring it again..

Ingredients

2 large avacodoes 
1/2 large lime juiced
1 handful cilantro chopped
1 tomato diced
1/2 can sweet corn
1/2 white onion chopped
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp butter
salt to taste
 
Okay, so first you need to saute the corn and onions.  Throw them in a pan with the tablespoon of butter, cayenne pepper, and 1/2 of the garlic.  Get it nice and browned.. this is what will bring out some amazing flavors in your dish!  If you're wanting to go all out, you can grill fresh corn on the cob and cut if off.  I chose to use canned corn, since that is what I had at the time, and it still turned out amazing!

 Once you have your corn and onions all grilled/sauteed up, transfer it to your dish.  Next throw in your diced tomato, chopped cilantro, and remaining garlic.  Now you can scoop out your fresh avocado into your dish, and squeeze the lime juice onto everything.  Add the desired salt, and then mix everything together, leaving large chunks of the avocado!  I love to have big bites of avocado in my guacamole!  YUM!

 Serve with your favorite chips, and enjoy!


It's fresh, hearty, and full of flavor!

I hope you try this recipe out!  What are some of your favorite BBQ or Summertime recipes?  I am always looking to add some to my go to recipes!  Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment