Thursday, February 7, 2013

Butterflies and an Office Makeover

Good Morning!  I hope you're all having a wonderful start to your day!  I personally have been so excited to put this post together!  

So my two girls are at the age {7 & 9} where sharing a room just isn't cool anymore.. :?  So!  That said.. my nine year old daughter, Isabella, has moved into our office and claimed the guest bed!  I currently have Pottery Barn's Karala Palampore Duvet on the guest bed, but I feel it's a little too grown up for her.  She needs something lighter.. airier.. {is that even a word?}, something that would work for a nine year old girl and my office.  So I started my hunt and it didn't take long {since I visit Pottery Barn once a month, okay, twice a month!}.  I saw the new Butterfly printed duvet and {HUGE GASP} I fell in love!  And so did she!  YEAH!  Her favorite color is blue, so we will lay on a nice coat of blue on the wall behind her bed.  The other three walls are just a creamy color to keep things bright in there.  I may just use the same gorgeous blue that is painted in the hall bathroom.

I put together my idea board and am slowly gathering what we need.  I already have the duvet purchased and washed and ready.. So just a few more days or maybe a week and I'll get everything else. 

I posted last week on my built in desk which you can find hereUnfortunately the desk is just soaking up the lacquer, so here we are three days later still laying on coats.  And gosh is it ever stinky!  But I think tonight is the last coat and then I can start putting that room together!  The whole room is under sheets right now.  

Below is a floor plan of the room.  It really isn't very big and not much to work with as far as space goes... but I think it will be beautiful and fresh by the time we're done with it!  I just love the idea of using a mason jar sconce for her lamp, but may have to just go with a table lamp for now.  I plan to spell her name down the side of the wall with the gold lettering.  Now we'll just have to see if it looks as good on the wall as it does in my mind! :)
 I'm SO excited!  I'm also repainting the old wood antique bed in there which I haven't pictured yet, so if you have any great colors and ideas for that, I'd love to hear them!  Have a great day!
 


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the finisheo production of this room. It is going to be just lovely. So fun and always exciting to have your own room. YAY for Bella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that duvet too! So fun. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete